The skips provided by Drurys Environmental Services Ltd cater for the majority of home and garden waste materials, with few exceptions. In general, there are two types of skips to choose from for home and garden waste, either an Inert waste skip or general waste skip.
- Inert waste skips are generally for outdoor materials such as, bricks, tiles, concrete, ceramics, soil, clays, sub-soil, top-soil, or hardcore mix (less than 10% tarmac)
- PLEASE NOTE WE CANNOT SUPPLY AN 8YD SKIP FOR SOIL ONLY, PLEASE ORDER 6YD
- Whereas, general waste skips accept all of the above plus those standard household materials such as metals, plastics or wood, doors, baths, taps and worktops and many other items can be disposed of. Plasterboard can be collected but we require you to segregate it in a separate bin bag – Plasterboard CANNOT be mixed in with other waste inside the skip.
- Unfortunately, we can NO LONGER ACCEPT MATTRESSES, SOFA’S, ARM CHAIRS or any other UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE IN OUR SKIPS. If you have any of these items to dispose of, North Norfolk District Council Bulky Waste collections can assist you with these and any Fridges or Freezers you also may have – PLEASE EMAIL: www.north-norfolk.gov.uk/tasks/environmental-services/request-bulky-waste-collection/
- All skips must be level loaded. Skips that are loaded above the rim will not be collected and a wasted journey charge may be applied.
The Following items are not permitted in our skips: Mattresses, Sofa’s, Arm Chairs, Any Other Upholstered Furniture, Asbestos, Plasterboard, Fridges, Freezers, TV’s, Monitors, Tyres, Gas Bottles, Batteries, Liquids, Paint Tins (Full or Empty), Fluorescent Tubes, Microwaves, or any other waste that is marked as hazardous waste. Please note that the upholstered furniture is a new directive that has come via the Environment Agency – **ANY OF THESE ITEMS FOUND WITHIN THE SKIP WILL EITHER BE RETURNED OR BE CHARGED FOR
**We can supply a seperate skip for Plasterboard only
Below you will find a quick guide to your Skip delivery.
How to get next day delivery:
We can sometimes offer next day delivery depending on your location and when you place your order. However, if a permit is required we would need advance warning as this process can take up to five days. The amount of time required to arrange a permit can vary depending on the local council.
How to prepare for your skip delivery:
Your Skip will be delivered by a Drury’s Environmental Services’ skip lorry. For accessiblity purposes the location of where the skip will be going must be wider than 2.5 metres. If you have any queries about accessibility please call the office on 01692 405820.
How to extend the standard 14-day hire period:
Standard skip hire is 14 days. However, this can be extended for a cost of £30.00 (inc VAT) per week.
Do you need a permit?
A permit is required if you wish to place the skip onto land which you do not own (for example: a road). If you have any queries about permits please call the office on 01692 405820.
We recognise that the area around your home is important to you and will therefore deliver your skip to the most convenient location. If we’re unable to drop within the grounds of your property, we will attempt to contact you and discuss further actions.
To make the delivery process as quick and easy as possible, please note:-
- Skips will not be placed on grassed areas where the vehicle has to drive across or place legs onto grass.
- Vehicles can only access any site over a drop kerb (not a raised kerb)
- Vehicles are not permitted to place legs onto council land and footpaths other than public highways.
- Placing Skips on block paving, slabbed driveways, hidden manhole covers, soft and un-level ground is not advisable and is only done so at the customers own risk.
Drurys Environmental Services cannot be held responsibility for damage to customers’ property or premises if the ground or site is not suitable for a HGV and the points above have not been given due consideration.