The skips provided by Drurys Environmental Services Ltd cater for the majority of Home and Garden waste materials, with few exceptions. In general, there are two types of Skips to choose from for Home and Garden waste, either an Inert waste Skip or General waste Skip.
- Inert Waste Skip are generally for outdoor materials such as, bricks, tiles, concrete, ceramics, soil, clays, sub-soil, top-soil, or hardcore mix (less than 10% tarmac)
- Whereas, General waste Skips accept all of the above plus those standard household materials such as metals, plastics or wood, Doors, Baths, taps and Worktops and many other items can be disposed of. Plasterboard can be collected but we require you to segregate it in a bag that we can supply or better still a separate skip.
Fridges, TV’s, monitors, or hazardous waste which includes paints, solvents, liquids or batteries are not permitted within Skips. White bonded Asbestos which has a content of <1% can be accepted but we require it to be double-wrapped and pre notification given. Phone 01692 405820 for further guidance. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept Hazardous waste, but we have strong working relationships with specialist companies who can deliver this service.
Below you will find a quick guide to your Skip delivery.
How to get next day delivery:
We can sometimes offer next day delivery depending on your location and when you place your order. However, if a permit is required we would need advance warning as this process can take up to five days. The amount of time required to arrange a permit can vary depending on the local council.
How to prepare for your skip delivery:
Your Skip will be delivered by a Drury’s Environmental Services’ skip lorry. For accessiblity purposes the location of where the skip will be going must be wider than 2.5 metres. If you have any queries about accessibility please call the office on 01692 405820.
How to extend the standard 14-day hire period:
Standard skip hire is 14 days. However, this can be extended for a cost of £30.00 (inc VAT) per week.
Do you need a permit?
A permit is required if you wish to place the skip onto land which you do not own (for example: a road). If you have any queries about permits please call the office on 01692 405820.
We recognise that the area around your home is important to you and will therefore deliver your skip to the most convenient location. If we’re unable to drop within the grounds of your property, we will attempt to contact you and discuss further actions.
To make the delivery process as quick and easy as possible, please note:-
- Skips will not be placed on grassed areas where the vehicle has to drive across or place legs onto grass.
- Vehicles can only access any site over a drop kerb (not a raised kerb)
- Vehicles are not permitted to place legs onto council land and footpaths other than public highways.
- Placing Skips on block paving, slabbed driveways, hidden manhole covers, soft and un-level ground is not advisable and is only done so at the customers own risk.
Drurys Environmental Services cannot be held responsibility for damage to customers’ property or premises if the ground or site is not suitable for a HGV and the points above have not been given due consideration.